Sunday, February 15, 2009

Find The Mistake Contest

In case you missed it, there's a contest going on: Find the simple mistake with the subtle effect in SELECT FROM Excel Spreadsheets.

The rules are explained in the comments on that post.

Two clues have been given, so the maximum possible score is now 80 out of 100. I reserve the right to deduct an arbitrary number of points for each clue; right now it's 10.

You can post your contest entries as comments there, or here, or send me an email at breck dot carter at gmail dot com. Entries will be scored in the order I read them.

Private entries are ENCOURAGED... send me an email, I won't post it if you don't want me to. Unless you win, of course, then I have to post SOMETHING... like, "Hey, anonymous won!"

1 comment:

Breck Carter said...

Actually, emails are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED so other people can still play after YOU send in YOUR winning entry: breck-dot-carter@gmail-dot-com.

Plus, if you're like Jonathan, you can get 90 points for suggesting both the straightforward fix and an alternative I hadn't thought of.