Friday, March 28, 2008

This is SO cool!

I'm like a kid with a new toy, three days ago I plopped StatCounter.com's JavaScript thingie on this blog, to count visits, and it looks like "We Are Not Alone!"



Here's what I'm thinking: Folks in China must all be getting ready for the Olympics, because 6,000 copies of my book sold in China and nobody there has visited here in the past three days (my apologies to the one visitor from Taipei, you're not nobody... hey, you beat them all! :)

Of course, it might also have something to do with the fact this blog's in English and the books sold by dearbook.com.cn aren't.

Seriously, if you think I'm bragging about book sales, don't... I have no idea what's going on in the PRC 'cause "6,000" is a lot bigger than all the sales in the rest of the world, combined, total, in English and Japanese. If you're thinking "Breck must be getting rich!", stop that too: I still owe the U.S. publisher on the advance money. And no, the advance money wasn't anything to write home about; I tell people two different stories: "It paid for my long-distance phone calls to Glenn Paulley to talk about features" and "I think I earned a dollar-fifty an hour writing the book." Hey, that's big money in some parts of the world, I ain't complaining! :)
Anyway, if you're the one person in Johannesburg, or the one person in Bangalore, or Fairbanks, or ... You rock!

I have a feeling you won't be alone much longer, not with the way things are going...

No comments: