It's not often you see a new third-party development tool for SQL Anywhere come along. Here's one, and they're looking for beta testers...
From: "Martijn Tonies"
Subject: Betatesters wanted for Sybase Anywhere related product
Date: 9 May 2008 05:18:01 -0700
We're looking for beta-testers for a product called Database Workbench Pro. It's a cross-database developer tool, currently supporting the database engines Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Firebird, MySQL, InterBase and NexusDB.
As we're expanding the product, we're adding Sybase Anywhere support.
For this version, we're looking for a group of about 5 beta-testers. Beta-testers will be subscribed to a Yahoogroups mailinglist - if this is unacceptable to you, please don't apply.
There's no payment involved for selected betatesters, but you will receive a free single-user license for Database Workbench Pro 3, including the Sybase Anywhere module and another database module of your choice.
We would like to have people who:
- would use this product on a daily basis, like they're using another Sybase Anywhere tool or Sybase Central now.
- work with larger databases, both volume and database object count
- are able to report bugs in a reasonable detailed manner
- are able to discuss new features or enhancements
- are able to regularly download updates
For more information on the current functionality of Database Workbench Pro, see:
www.upscene.com - company page
www.upscene.com/documentation/dbw3 - documentation
If you think you would be the right person for this, please send an email to email@example.com with:
- your name, company and function
- the kind of database application you are building
- an estimate of the object count and database size- a small piece of text in which you're telling something about yourself and why you would make a good beta-tester